Monday, November 13, 2017

Crisp Autumn Nights

     This beautiful image is drawn by Shell Becker and is for the Progressive Challenge at the Outlawz for November.  It's such a delightful, late-fall image.


I took color inspiration from the challenge at Aloha Friday.


      Of course, I used my ProMarkers to color it including a bit of gray and pale yellow on the sentiment piece to tone down the otherwise too bright white of the CS on which the sentiment was printed.

     I cut the image and the sentiment with dies from a Gina Marie Designs set.  I matted both pieces with deep brown CS and added them to a pre-made, yellow card blank.  I added only two strands of orange and brown twine and then left it completely CAS.

     Challenges:
Color Inspiration Mon.
Crafty Catz
Double D
Passion for ProMarkers
Star Stampz
SUYP Cats
Word Art Weds.

     Later today, I'll have my next card for Beccy's Month of Holiday challenges.  I can hardly believe I've managed to have a card for each day so far!  Of course, working ahead is possible when you know that the entire alphabet will be used as themes, with an occasional curve thrown in to cover the other days since there are more days than letters in the alphabet.  :-D  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous Connie, it sure was a crisp autumn night last night, we got up to frost. Love the image and cute kitty.
Hugs
Linda xxxx

Paddington fan said...

A gorgeous card, love the colouring of the fabulous image! Thank you for joining us at Passion for Promarkers this week, good luck in the prize draw and I hope we'll see you again very soon, love Jacky x PFP DT

Julie said...

Another gorgeous make for our challenge at PFP, Connie! Love this autumnal scene - thanks for playing along with us again at PFP, Juliexx

The Crafty Den said...

Wow another gorgeous card Connie. The image is fantastic and your colouring is perfect. I really like the die cut frames. Thanks for sharing with us at PFP this week and good luck in the prize draw. Hugs, Denise x

Lori Kobular said...

Love your pretty card! The image is so cute and you colored it beautifully! I see you got the Gina Marie dies! I love them! Love the twine on the side too!

Sue said...

Wow, what a gorgeous atmospheric scene you have created and fabulous use of the inspiration. Your Cleo looks so much like my beautiful Toby who passed away last year age 19. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Word Art Wednesday and we hope you can join us again soon. Sue (DT)

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful card Connie, love your coloring and design! Thank you for sharing with us over at Star Stampz! We hope to see you again!
Sherry x - DT for Star Stampz
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads – My personal Blog

Karen Letchworth said...

What a fun card. Thanks so much for sharing it in our challenge. I feel so blessed to have you play along.
Blessings,
Karen Letchworth
Word Art Wednesday

Aunty Sue said...

Fab card and thanks for sharing at crafty catz this week

ike said...

Gorgeous colouring - that is very cool. Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

creationsnz said...

A real autumn feel and great colouring. CarolG

Larelyn said...

Oh Connie, this is just lovely. What a fabulous image. Thanks for sharing at Aloha Friday Challenges.